But I love me some Hodge Podge! And so will you! All you have to do is click on that button and join in the fun!
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
Bucket list or superfood. I'm just sick of hearing those two- when I do, I stop reading/listening.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping? YAY!YAY!YAY! Hell to the Y!E!S! LOVE me some bagels. I like plain ones the best but they have these called frazzles at Bagel Nation that are TO.DIE.FOR. I'm not even kidding. Topping? Just some butter please. Or the occasional cream cheese. A bagel can stand on its own.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose? I've never had any aspirations to be in a movie at all. Not even in my imagination. However, I wouldn't mind being a stand-in in a few love scenes of some movies.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if seperated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children? It wouldn't have bothered me one way or the other as far as single gender goes. I was more opposed to putting students of all different learning levels in the same classroom. I still don't like it. What ends up happening is that the above average kids get all the attention while the average and below average ones stay where they are or become worse. It's not fair. Personally, if they had taken the boys out of the lovelies' classrooms, it would have suited me just fine. And it would have kept Deanie's head more in her studies. LOL
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel? Nothing. I hate staying in hotels.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice? Yes. It's 'Do'. And the post about it is right here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Birdie's car was stolen yesterday. It was right there at her apartment and some
That's it for me! What's your Hodge Podge like today?