- Whatever type of journey I am on, it's always hard. Until it's over and then it seems like it was so easy.
- Buying Russell Stover sugar free toffee squares is a BAD idea. I ate them all in two days.
- The same applies for the Russell Stover sugar free coconut candy. And the mints.
- Changing our daily diet is time consuming. Everything is made from scratch now.
- Those Orville Reddenbacher 100 calorie pop corn packs are only 100 calories if you eat just one bag.
- Changing to a gluten free/sugar free diet does not mean I get to stop counting calories.
- Turbinado and Coconut sugar have more calories than Splenda. But they are probably less likely to be a factor in contracting cancer. PLUS when I eat things sweetened with the Turbinado or coconut sugar, I don't crave more and more and more and, before I know it, have eaten 5 lbs of sugary goodness! In other words, these sugars are NOT saboteurs. Refined sugar is a saboteur.
- Eggs are not eggs. God only knows what gets injected into them.
- Beef is not beef. Same as above.
- Even some natural, less processed/not injected meats spark in my microwave. ALL 'regular' meats do. WTH?!
- If I don't go to bed when I get sleepy, I will eat to stay awake. I get sleepy around 8:00 pm. Again- WTH?! (In my defense, I do wake up around 5:30 every day).
- When buying new underwear (because it's no fun when the old underwear slides down and the only thing keeping them from hitting the ground are my pants) make sure to measure. I went down one size. Should have gone down two sizes.
- Based on the above underwear fiasco, I bought two sizes down on new yoga pants. Won't it be fun holding those up while walking or not doing yoga? Should have gone down three sizes.
- I have given myself several time consuming projects to complete and am hoping they keep me so busy I don't fill the emptyonceagain nest with bad eating habits of old. I shouldn't, but I never know with me. I can be quite unpredictable.
Yes, it's a long, boring, drawn out, sometimesIthinkIwillnevergetthere kind of journey. But it's the one I'm on and it's one that I plan on finishing. Do I still get frustrated? Yes, but not very often. I just try to take it one day at a time.
What kind of journey are you on right now?