My spin is just a bit different as we have NEVER bought a new car. Even when the lovelies were growing up and we had a minivan, it was used--or, new-to-us. Now that the lovelies are all grown up, I've been completely enjoying my 1987 Mercedes! That's it in the picture.
10 Reasons We Never Buy A New Car:
- I much prefer a BMW or a Mercedes to any other car and who can afford one of those brand new? Not to mention that I'm not a fan of the newer models. I prefer the classic look of the older models.
- I don't like the look of hardly any new cars.
- The husband can handle the auto repairs himself if we have an older car. And I like not spending money on car repairs. He can even go to the junk yard to get parts! LOVE IT! It's like recycling!
- The price they ask for new cars today is LUDICROUS. I wouldn't buy a new one if I was a millionaire.
- I don't care for all the bells and whistles in the new cars. They're unnecessary for me and seem to add to driver distraction. Which we don't need any more of around here.
- Most are GAS HOGS.
- Factory defects.
- Insurance is WAY higher on newer cars. And I hate insurance companies. And the taxes are higher too.
- I feel safer in an older car- STEEL BABY!
Have a fantastic Monday!