Wednesday brings such lovely things- like the Hodge Podge and Chattin' on the porch! Click the buttons to join in the fun!
2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control? We have one for each television, so that's 3. The vacuum cleaner!!!!! Since I'm vacuuming at least 3 times/day now that Birdie's dog is here, having the remote operate it would be divine!
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable? It has NOTHING at all to do with material possessions to me. Just being truly happy with my true love would do it for me.
4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack? This one is hard. I'm not sure I can narrow this one down. The Big Chill has a good one. And so does The Graduate. Then there's Easy Rider. And, because those movies are definitely showing my age, Love Actually, Elizabethtown...oh gosh! I could go on and on!
5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.I don't do rooftops. I'm terrified of heights. However, I did once go up on the roof of a friend's house on the Isle of Palms- they had a huge porch kind of thing up there and then, further up, was a widow's walk. The view of the ocean was amazing!
6. What's your least favorite thing about summer? THE OPPRESSIVE HEAT.
7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.High heat and humidity, family fun, travel, baby turned twenty-one.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It was so great having all the lovelies home over the weekend. Today my dad and stepmom are coming with my 2 nieces! Very little down time this week, but it's fine, I love it when family visits! We'll be doing some of the touristy stuff downtown Charleston for a few days. It should be fun because of the company and also because we never take advantage of touristy stuff until we do have visitors.
- Do you have any special plans for this fall? Yes. I plan to enjoy football every single weekend AND some chilly temps! (I hope)
- Do you collect anything? Yes, Santas and Nativity sets. But I have so many that I don't appreciate them that much anymore. I'm thinking of holding a sale.
- Have you done any canning or freezing this season? Not much. Just a few jars of spaghetti sauce.
- Do you have a friend who lives far away? Where do they live? ALL of my bloggy friends live TOO FAR AWAY!
- When in a store, restaurant, or other business, do you ever complain or praise to the management? I try to always leave them with a compliment. I will only complain if someone is really rude. They really appreciate the compliments. Apparently people remember to complain way more often than they leave compliments.